Pressure Ulcer Care for a Terminally Ill Patient at Home
Jerra-Marie Sullivan, RN,BSN, CETN and Dianne Mackey, BSN, PHN, CETNCaring for a terminally ill patient in the home is challenging to patient and caregivers. Educating the family, proper product selection and pain management are addressed in this case study. A WAFFLE Overlay is used for pressure reduction, pain management and positioning the patient.
- Mattress Overlay - Logrolling and Transferring
- This brief video shows how you can easily logroll, position, and transfer patients using the Waffle Mattress Overlays
- Mattress Overlay Hand Check
- This brief video shows the correct method of performing a hand check to verify proper inflation of the Waffle Mattress Overlay
- Pressure Ulcer Care for a Terminally Ill Patient at Home
- Read this case study regarding the options of caring for a terminally ill patient with pressure ulcers.
Products Applicable to this Study:
SeatingWAFFLE Chair Pad with M.A.D. Pump - 3 Month Warranty - Treats Stages I-IV Pressure Ulcers and Deep Tissue InjuryPerhaps the most dangerous of all seating applications are the wooden day chairs. Our...